Try the Fitbit Community
If you like doing it yourself, you might want to check out what other Fitbit users have to say using the Fitbit Community website.
The Fitbit Community is a user forum where regular Fitbit device users exchange troubleshooting tips, fixes, complaints, advice, and so forth.
If you don’t like reading through a lot of information to find a possible answer, the community might not be the best fit for you.
But, if you enjoy testing things out and have time to try different things, the Fitbit community is an excellent place to start before contacting Fitbit’s official support team.
- For US customers, this is one year, and for EU customers, two years from the date of purchase for new products and 90 days for refurbished devices.
Fitbit recommends using their Live Chat or Twitter option for the fastest service. Phone service is available as well but within a limited-service schedule. Other support options include emailing Fitbit support directly or contacting Fitbit using Facebook and Messenger.
Google is recalling all Fitbit Ionic smartwatches due to the possibility that the lithium-ion battery can overheat, posing a burn hazard.
If you own an Ionic, Fitbit recommends you immediately stop using it even if it’s working normally and apply for a refund via this Ionic refund site.
You’ll need to fill out a form and will receive a return kit with instructions on how to return your device for a refund.
This refund applies to all Fitbit Ionic watches, even inactive units.
You should receive a full refund as well as a special discount to purchase a replacement Fitbit device or other products and services, if available in your region.
This special discount is available for a limited time and is valid for 90 days after registering for your Ionic refund.
Using Resolver you can:
Resolver is a totally free service that you can use to complain effectively. We are working with industry leaders, regulators and government to make your voice heard and improve customer service. However, if youd rather complain directly, you can use the above address to contact Fitbit.
How do I speak to someone with Fitbit?
- Probably our favorite way to reach out to Fitbit Help (or any company) is via Live Chat.
- Then, press Request Chat, and a confirmation screen lists your place in line for the next available agent.
- Once Live Chat is available, you communicate with the agent via the chatbox and press Send.
How do I report a problem with my Fitbit?
What do you do if your Fitbit stops working?
- Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
- Charge 3 & Charge 4—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button.
Will Fitbit replace my broken Fitbit?